Thursday, August 13, 2020

Short List of Good Books from the Interim

I don't have the time or desire to pore over all the books I read in the gaps in my timeline, but here are a few titles that I enjoyed and think people should read.

YA:
The Other Half of Happy, Rebecca Balcarcel
The War that Saved My Life, Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
The Girl Who Drank the Moon, Kelly Barnhill
A Snicker of Magic, Natalie Lloyd (if you like Because of Winn-Dixie)

Lighter Side:
Evvie Drake Starts Over, Linda Holmes
Holly Banks Full of Angst, Julie Valerie
Daisy Jones and the Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid (like Behind the Music in book form)
The Vine Witch, Luanne G. Smith

Myths:
Gods of Jade and Shadow, Silvia Moreno-Garcia
Circe, Madeline Miller

Alternative History:
His Majesty's Dragon, Naomi Novik (Temeraire series)

Racism in America:
The Hate U Give, Angie Thomas
An American Marriage, Tayari Jones
The Nickle Boys, Colson Whitehead (I sobbed at the big plot twist)
The Blood of Emmett Till, Timothy B. Tyson

Ok, so some of these fall into multiple categories, but that'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment